As soon as I read about the loveable Bapoto and his squeaky roar I had a strong idea of the illustration style I wanted to create. My inspiration came from the calm feel of the narrative which I thought complimented a more precise approach to the illustration style.
The designs were all created in Illustrator with a canvas overlay to soften the vector style.
I'm proud to say this animation won 1st Prize, for Best Animated Short Film at the Chicago International Children's Film Festival, 2012.
- 1st Prize, for Best Animated Short Film at the Chicago International Children's Film Festival, 2012
- Cinema St. Louis Childrens Film Festival, August 2014
- 24th Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film Festival, May 22 - June 1, 2014
- Boston International Children's Film Festival, April 2013
- 8th Annual Rochester Children's Film Festival, April 2013, New York
- New York International Film Festival, March 2013
- Tumbleweeds Film Festival for Children & Youth, Utah, March 2013
- London Barbican Centre's Framed Film Festival, UK February 2013
- newportFILM 2013 Winterfest, February 2013
- Byron Bay International Children's Film Festival, January 2013
- 5th Annual International Children's Film Festival, California, January 2013
- The Martha's Vineyard Film Festival, June 2012
- TIFF Kids International Festival, Toronto, Ontario, 2012
- Designed & Directed by: Maggie Rogers
- Produced for Disney by Fold7 / Mr & Mrs Smith
- Story written by Louise Kramskoy
- Producer: Jamie Pigram
- Animation: Jonathan Harris
- Narration: Hugh Denis recorded at Wise Buddah
- Sound Design: Candle Music